Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lentil and Wheat Berry Bowl


I am about to share with you one of the absolute best recipes!!!  Truly I need you to understand! The first time I made this I was a little hesitant mainly because raw wheat berries aren't really part of my "typical" diet. But I was happily surprised because it tastes amazing and is gorgeous!! My mom and I have made this three times in the past 2 weeks. That just shows how good it is!


What You Will Need:
Sauce:
1/4 cup Tahini
1 garlic cloves
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
Salt and Pepper to taste

Salad:
1 cup lentils
1 cup of wheat berries or brown rice
1/2 onion
4 garlic cloves
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
3 cups spinach
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
7 jalapeño slices (I used them from a jar)

Let's get started!!

Soak your rice or wheat berries the night before to get the full nutrional benefits.

After soaking your berries/rice cook them and the lentils according to package directions.

Blend up your sauce (1/4 cup Tahini, 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of lime juice, 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, (Salt and Pepper to taste). Set aside.


Sauté your onions and then add your veggies (1/2 onion, 2 garlic cloves, 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 cup of chopped tomatoes)

After a few minutes of sautéing the veggies add the spinach.
Look how pretty it is!!!

Add the lentils, berries/rice, and the sauce from earlier.
 This is best warm and reheats fantastically.



Enjoy!!!


Adapted from Oh She Glows.

No comments:

Post a Comment