Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Country Chic Coasters

I love mason jars, country chic, and lemonade how can all three of these things be combined? Mason jar lid coasters wow that's a mouthful! It seems like this would be pretty hard but it was surprisingly simple and took about 1 hour to do about 15 lids.


What you will need:

Mason jar rings, this specific one was already painted white.

Cork roll I got this one at Hobby Lobby for a couple of dollars.

 I went to Hobby Lobby and asked for a paint that could antique something and this was what I was told to get. It worked out really great and I would happily use it again!

After all the supplies was gathered I took the spray painted rings, (you could really do any color I chose to do white because its well neutral) rubbed the antiquing paint on with a paper towel, then rubbed most of it off until it was "dry". 

This is about what it should look like.

This was probably my least favorite of the project, cutting the cork got kind of hard but was well worth it!
Warning: always buy more cork than you think you will need as there will be a lot of practices!

How cute!!!

You can stamp the middle with a normal stamp and normal ink (as seen above). This personalizes it and makes it an amazing gift for every country chic person in your life!

Note: the amount of supplies you will need is based solely on how many you want to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment